Last Friday my coworker asked me where I would find my inspiration in writing my blog posts. And if I was not afraid that one day I’d ran out of ideas. I never got the chance to answer her question because we were busy with work related stuff, but I did keep her question in mind so that I could answer it later on.
To answer her questions right away: I will get my inspiration through my daily experiences in life, and no I am not afraid I will run out of ideas because everyday I learn something new and interesting that I can use as inspiration for my writings. A simple question like hers will give me enough food for thought to write an article like this.
I have always tried to see life as a big journey. Ofcourse we all get sucked in by day to day activities like working, eating, seeing the same people, and doing the same things over and over again. But it does not have to feel the same everyday. How you might ask yourself? By seeing everyday through different eyes. One of my favorite Disney movies is Alice in Wonderland and even though I did not realize it as a child, it is filled with valuable life lessons. So how can you start seeing everyday life as an adventure that you can learn from and get inspired by everyday? Simply by following this rules based on Alice in Wonderland:
- Be a little mad. Life is no fun when you can’t be a little weird about it.
- Keep changing. The only thing that is constant in life is change, so why not go along with it?
- Just keep going. It does not matter where you are going, you will get somewhere if you keep on walking.
- Believe in the impossible. Believing in impossibilities will keep your fantasy running wild and this will keep your days excited.
- Stay curious. If you happen to stumble up on a rabbit hole, don’t be afraid to let yourself fall into it.